Surat 7:80-83 (The Heights)
80. We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: “Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?
81. “For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.”
82. And his people gave no answer but this: they said, “Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!”
83. But we saved him and his family, except his wife: she was of those who lagged behind.
84. And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone): Then see what was the end of those who indulged in sin and crime!
Surat 11:77-83 (The Hud)
77. When Our messengers came to Lut, he was grieved on their account and felt himself powerless (to protect) them. He said: “This is a distressful day.”
78. And his people came rushing towards him, and they had been long in the habit of practising abominations. He said: “O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer for you (if ye marry)! Now fear Allah, and cover me not with shame about my guests! Is there not among you a single right-minded man?”
79. They said: “Well dost thou know we have no need of thy daughters: indeed thou knowest quite well what we want!”
80. He said: “Would that I had power to suppress you or that I could betake myself to some powerful support.”
81. (The Messengers) said: “O Lut! We are Messengers from thy Lord! By no means shall they reach thee! Now travel with thy family while yet a part of the night remains, and let not any of you look back: but thy wife (will remain behind): To her will happen what happens to the people. Morning is their time appointed: Is not the morning nigh?”
82. When Our Decree issued, We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay, spread, layer on layer,-
83. Marked as from thy Lord: Nor are they ever far from those who do wrong!
|1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. …he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house…. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.” …They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door… 12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, “Hurry and get out of this place, because the LORD is about to destroy the city!” But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”
16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the LORD was merciful to them. 17 As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!” …
23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. 24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. 26 But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.